The Trade Practices Group assists and advises our clients on trade related issues in India as well as WTO and EU issues affecting bi-lateral or multi-lateral trade. We also identify emerging trade-related issues that can or will impact their businesses and then develop appropriate strategies. The practice focuses on areas such as:
- Customs and Central Excise
- Classification and valuation for both customs and excise purposes,
- Tax planning aspects of customs and excise ,
- Preparation and representation before appropriate authorities related to customs and excise matters.
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Tariff concessions and structures and other international trade-related regulations/agreements,
- Simulated dumping and/or subsidy audits for exporters,
- Simulated TRIPS compliance and audits,
- Non-tariff barriers (NTBT) including the impact of new regulations on export markets,
- Seminars/workshops for exporters and export organisations.
- EU Trade Policy and Regulations
- Non-tariff barriers such as EU environmental directives,
- EU trade policy,
- EU/India cooperation agreements,
- Indian Trade Policy and Regulations
- Free trade or cooperation agreements with other countries or trading groups,
- Macro/micro impact of agreements on specific companies or countries.